environment variables in ssh non-interactive shell

Ariel Sommeria sommeria.ariel@gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:10:00 GMT 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to use environment variables to pilot a windows system
through cygwin+ssh. Things work nicely with an interactive shell, but
mess up with a non-interactive shell because my environment variables
aren't set.
I've set PermitUserEnvironment to yes in my sshd_config, I've set
BLA=bla in .ssh/environment. Now when in my script I call 'env', I do
see BLA in it. However echo $BLA doesn't echo anything.
The only similar issue and suggestion I've found is this:
Obviously I use the environment file, but it doesn't help.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?
--
best regards,
Ariel Sommeria-Klein