aspell 0.60.6.1-1 does not install any dictionaries by default (RE: git gui 1.7.9-1: "spell checking is unavailable" error message)

Matt Seitz matseitz@cisco.com
Thu Nov 8 18:34:00 GMT 2012

> From: Matt Seitz

> From: Matt Seitz
>
> > I looked through "setup.log".   I see that something triggered "aspell"
> > be installed on Nov. 5:
> >

> What's the best way for me to determine which packaged triggered adding
> the required dependency "aspell"?

I'm suspecting the problem has something to do with the update of TeXmacs on
Nov. 4.  The "setup.ini" file does say that "TeXmacs" requires "aspell".
But on the other hand, it appears that the previous version of "TeXmacs"
also requires "aspell".

So I'm still looking for a definitive answer as to what triggered the
"aspell" installation.