[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnupg-1.4.12-1

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Wed May 16 20:15:00 GMT 2012

On 05/16/2012 02:08 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On 16 May 2012 15:19, marco atzeri wrote:
>> On 5/16/2012 9:12 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>> Every command / option I try with gpg comes back with a 'Bad address'
>>> error:
>>>
>>> $ gpg --version
>>> mksh: gpg: Bad address
>>>
>>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> $ cygcheck gpg
>
> Ah, should have thought of that. Turns out the culprit was a missing
> dependency on libreadline6 (I believe as part of zlib).

It isn't zlib (no binaries) or even zlib0 (cygcheck /usr/bin/cygz.dll
doesn't show libreadline 6 or 7).

Why are we still linking against libreadline6 instead of libreadline7?
Is there a hint file that needs modification to fix the missing
dependency while we work on the bigger issue of getting the outdated
package built against a newer readline library?