[feature] alias "more" to "less"

Cyrille Lefevre cyrille.lefevre-lists@laposte.net
Sat May 12 01:09:00 GMT 2012

Le 11/05/2012 18:23, Larry Hall (Cygwin) a écrit :
> On 5/11/2012 9:35 AM, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
>> Noel Grandin sent the following at Friday, May 11, 2012 4:33 AM
>>> It seems that pretty much all unixes alias "more" to "less" these days.
>>> It would be very nice if that was the default behaviour of cygwin.
>>>
>>> Would save me from constantly wondering why nothing is happening when I
>>> type "more ...." on a newly installed box :-)
>>
>> more.exe is supplied by the util-linux package.
>
> And as is true of the traditional 'more', it can do less than 'less'. ;-)

from http://www.slackbook.org/html/file-commands-pagers.html

about less :

"less is more, but more more than more is, so more is less less, so use
more less if you want less more."

about most :

"If less is more than more, most is more than less."

unfortunatelly, most doesn't exist yet under cygwin :-(

Regards,

Cyrille Lefevre
--
mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre-lists@laposte.net