1.7.14-2: bash not accepting "~" (tilde) from keyboard in Console (WIN7)

Daniel Colascione dancol@dancol.org
Sun May 6 23:04:00 GMT 2012

On 5/6/12 11:16 AM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Yes. Just use mintty. It's the default and it works.
> I use mintty and Console. One good thing about Console it understands
> pty's or does something in the face of pty's that cause it to work in
> certain circumstances that mintty fails in. My example is cleartool.
> In mintty (or when mintty has ssh'ed to a remote system - sorry not on
> my work XP machine to test...) when I type cleartool I get no prompt.

Have you tried the conin program? You can get it from the mintty
repository here: https://code.google.com/p/mintty/source/browse/utils/

It lets you run a child process with stdin coming from a real Windows
console, through which conin proxies your input. IME, it makes most
programs believe they're being run interactively.