Windows 8: commands in sh prompt are not working

Bertrand Latinville blatinville44@gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:26:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm using cygwin  1.7.11 on Windows 8 64 bit consumer preview

Using cygwin via the shortcut C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe works fine.

But I'm also using cygwin via Jenkins which call sh.exe directly.

When running sh.exe, we get the prompt but many commands are not working.
They return immediately without echoing anything:

sh-4.1$ ls

sh-4.1$ echo $?
2
sh-4.1$ gawk --version

sh-4.1$ echo $?
1
sh-4.1$ scp --version

sh-4.1$ echo $?
1

-> no outputs for these commands. Running the same commands in the
"mintty" terminal works fine.
Somme commands are working,  "find" for example.

Same setup is ok on Windows 7.

Is it a known problem, or is there something to setup to have sh
working properly ?

Thanks,

Bertrand.