look to secure cygwin email delivery

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed May 2 04:27:00 GMT 2012

On 05/01/2012 09:01 PM, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi.
> I’m new to Cygwin.
>
> Our users are required to use Active Directory authentication for
> sending email , via our exchange server, this is fine for Outlook and
> Thunderbird, but not for scripts that run under Cygwin. I configured
> sSMTP for a user to use , the issues with this is that the
> configuration is in clear text and is visible to all users on the
> machine.
No it's visible to all users who have been given read permission to the
file. You can chmod 600 the file I believe. I know that unless the
snooper has admin rights they will be limited by their UID and GID. Not
sure if a plain Windows user logging in can gain access to the file though.

--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold