some kind of path problem when running bash script from windows shortcut

Adam Dinwoodie Adam.Dinwoodie@metaswitch.com
Thu Mar 22 18:40:00 GMT 2012

LMH wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. I just ran cygcheck, but I'm supprised that you
> are asking folks to post that. The output contains some personal
> information, such as the computer name and user name, and I'm guessing
> that some folks would rather not post that.

You _did_ read the [problem reporting guidelines][0] before posting here,
right?  Like the bits that say "include that file as *an attachment*"
(emphasis original) and "it is ok to redact sensitive information"?

[0]: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

> I added C:\cygwin\bin to the windows path. I guess I forgot environment
> variables when I did the re-install. One of these days I need to learn
> how to do post install config scripts so I don't have to spend two weeks
> getting my windows the way I want it.

So did it work?  If it did, I don't really care about the cygcheck output
any more.  If it didn't, I need to know that to be able to help.

Adam