Attempt to build aplus-fsf-4.22 (EnumTable)

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:01:00 GMT 2012

On 3/19/2012 3:51 PM, Tom Szczesny wrote:
> Well, of course, you are correct.  It did not work.
> It was like a sinkhole.
> For each header file that I included in the aplus source,
> an additional header file was required.
>
> You asked what definitions were initially required.  They are:
>
> FIOCLEX
> FIONCLEX
> FIOSETOWN
> FIOGETOWN
> TIOCOUTQ
> TIOCSTI
>
> I assume from your question, that I should declare these
> variables in the source, rather than bring in the header files
> that the source is expecting.

Tom,
FYI, in the past the xmon maintainer used
this strategy, to overcome the lack of FIOCLEX/FIONCLEX

#if defined(SYSV) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
      fcntl(ConnectionSocket, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC);
#else
      ioctl(ConnectionSocket, FIOCLEX, 0);
#endif

#if defined(SYSV) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
      fcntl(ClientFD, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC);
#else
      ioctl(ClientFD, FIOCLEX, 0);
#endif