Fork errors during toolchain build

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:31:00 GMT 2012

On 3/15/2012 8:20 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build a crosstool chain under cygwin and I keep getting
> blocked by fork errors -- in spite of having rebased just before
> starting. Oddly, the errors come from scripts, not invocations of
> just-built-gcc (which used to be the killer). Unfortunately, this means
> there's no obvious culprit to target, because presumably the dlls bash,
> sed, etc. use were rebased before the build ever started.
>
> Is there some way I can diagnose more precisely what binaries/dlls are
> responsible so I can rebase the right things? I can't rule out the
> existence of custom dlls, but I did rebase everything newly-built that I
> could find.
>
> Thanks!
> Ryan

I assume that for rebasing you are using
rebaseall -T your_additional_file_list
otherwise you could still have collisions.
See "rebase -si" output for details.

Are you sure is not a BLODA problem ?

About fork diagnostics, the latest snapshots have some
improvement, so you can try them

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Regards
Marco