cygport suggestion: src_postinstall
Ken Brown
kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Mar 9 23:54:00 GMT 2012
On 3/9/2012 5:58 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2012-03-09 15:26, Ken Brown wrote:
>> My immediate reason for this request is that I'm thinking about ITP-ing
>> emacs-auctex
>
> This too is in Ports:
>
> http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/emacs-auctex
Yes, I know. That was my starting point.
>
>> and I don't like some of the things that are done in __src_postinst when
> > I build that package.
>
> Could you specify?
There are two things:
1. I don't think __prepemacs should be called for this package because
the compile process explicitly byte compiles most of the *.el files.
There are three (at the top level of /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp) that it
does not byte compile. I don't know the reason, but I don't think the
Cygwin build should override this upstream decision.
2. I would prefer that __prep_texlive not be called, since it causes the
postinstall script to do unnecessary work. All that's needed for auctex
is mktexlsr.
I'm attaching my .cygport and .cygwin.patch files so you can see how I
dealt with this (after changing src_postinst.cygpart so that I could
redefine __src_postinst).
Ken
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: emacs-auctex-11.86-1.cygport
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20120309/8cd5d990/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: emacs-auctex-11.86-1.cygwin.patch
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20120309/8cd5d990/attachment-0001.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list