Can't reliably redirect standard output from C# program in recent Cygwin

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 03:09:00 GMT 2012


On 3/9/2012 2:24 AM, Bill Meier wrote:
> I've just noticed what sounds like the same issue:
>
> On Windows 7, in a 'cmd' window (at a 'cmd' prompt) doing the following fails
> more often than not:
>
> perl -e 'print "abc";' | \cygwin\bin\more
>
>
> That is: "abc" does not always display on the screen after
> the command is executed.
>
>
> I note that the problem does not seem to happen in a mintty window
> or in bash started from a 'cmd' window.
>
> I'm running cygwin perl 5.14 with an up-to-date cygwin.
>
> Bill Meier
>

I guess it is some type of race.
on my W7/64 with 20120307 it works around 50% of
the times from cmd but 100% from the dash shell

Regards
Marco

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list