cygport: How to suppress automatic postinstall script additions

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:04:00 GMT 2012

On 3/6/2012 12:40 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 3/6/2012 7:28 AM, Ken Brown wrote:

>>> I won't have a chance to test it until tomorrow, but it looks good at
>>> first glance. One question: I don't see where you take account of fonts
>>> that might have been deleted. Shouldn't updmap-sys --syncwithtrees be
>>> run on every postinstall to catch these?
>>
>> I think it would be enough for texlive-collection-basic to have a custom
>> postinsall.sh that does this. There's no reason it has to be repeated by
>> every texlive-collection-* package.
>
> Forget this last suggestion. I think the attached patch to
> src_postinstall.cygpart does the right thing.

I've tested the patch in my previous email pretty extensively, and I'm
pretty sure it's OK except for one detail:  The call to
`/usr/bin/updmap-sys --nomkmap --enable $map' in the postinstall scripts
should use the --nohash option.  I'm attaching a revised patch that does
this.

The following 19 packages need to be updated (because they need to
enable maps):

texlive-collection-basic
texlive-collection-context
texlive-collection-fontsextra
texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
texlive-collection-games
texlive-collection-langarabic
texlive-collection-langcjk
texlive-collection-langcyrillic
texlive-collection-langczechslovak
texlive-collection-langfrench
texlive-collection-langgreek
texlive-collection-langhebrew
texlive-collection-langindic
texlive-collection-langlithuanian
texlive-collection-langmongolian
texlive-collection-langpolish
texlive-collection-langvietnamese
texlive-collection-latex
texlive-collection-latexextra

I've rebuilt all of them and installed/uninstalled them in various
combinations and couldn't find any problems involving fonts.

Before I update them in the distro, there's one other thing I thought of
that the TeX Live postinstall scripts should be doing.  Shouldn't they
call fc-cache whenever fonts are installed into
usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype,
usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/truetype, or usr/share/texmf-dist/fonts/type1?

Ken