Cygwin for Fedora?

Harry Simons simonsharry@gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 07:45:00 GMT 2012

Hello,

Was wondering if it's possible to install / emulate Cygwin on Fedora?

Basically, I want my scripts to be able to run flawlessly on both Fedora and
Cygwin/Windows systems. Cygwin, I believe, can have different packages and/or
different versions of programs in packages (e.g. /usr/bin/file, whose output for
Microsoft documents changes with versions).

Instead of asking for access to a Cygwin/Windows PC just for the above, I
thought it would be terrific if Cygwin could somehow be installed / emulated on
a Fedora.

Regards,
/HS