[ANNOUNCEMENT] New packages: texlive-20110705-1, texlive-collection-*-20120202-1, libkpathsea{6,-devel}-20110705-1, libptexenc{1,-devel}-20110705-1, asymptote-2.15-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Mar 2 21:19:00 GMT 2012

On 3/2/2012 2:12 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:

> On 02/03/2012 12:57 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Thanks to the tremendous efforts of Yaakov Selkowitz, TeX Live has
>> been added to the Cygwin distribution, replacing teTeX. I will be
>> taking over as maintainer.
> Wow. Kudos to you two!
>
>> If you have any [teTex] packages installed, setup.exe should
>> automatically offer to install the replacement packages from TeX Live.
> Could you comment on how (if) the cygwin version differs from a manual
> install of tex live, and how cygwin's packaging/versioning interacts
> with tlmgr?

You manage the manual install by using tlmgr to add/remove/update
collections or individual CTAN packages whenever you want.  The distro
install is not intended to be used with tlmgr.  It provides one package
for each TeX Live collection, which will be updated periodically (by
me).  You could probably figure out how to make the Cygwin install use
some of the files from your manual install by setting TEXINPUTS
appropriately.  See

   http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2012-February/031126.html

for some hints.

Ken