Cygwin errors after altering Windows command prompt shortcut (???)

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@freemail.ru
Thu Mar 1 23:05:00 GMT 2012

Greetings, Pat Tressel!

> On my system, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console has a Cygwin subkey (and a Git
> Bash subkey, but I don't use Git Bash).  I don't know if that is still
> in use (given comments re. Cygwin not needing the registry any longer,
> which I may have misinterpreted), but with the odd behavior, maybe it
> is still in use.

_Cygwin_ by itself, as in, an application for it's own needs, not rely on
specific registry settings.
However, there's a number of _system_ settings, which may affect behavior of any
application, that fall into certain criteria.
In case of HKCU\Console\*, it is any console window matching the name of a
subkey. Or any console window, for default color/font/behavior settings.
Likewise, application/library registration in
reg:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
_will_ affect every application in the system.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...