Backspace

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Jun 21 18:56:00 GMT 2012

On 6/21/2012 9:09 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> At this point I'd revert to defaults until I saw a problem worse than
> those caused by the non-default setting.
I think this is the way to go...
> If you're only interacting with cygwin and linux at this point, you
> should be safe. Solaris and the other Unixes can be a real pain about
> the whole ^H vs ^? thing, but Solaris has gotten a lot better in the
> last few years and Unix has largely disappeared (I haven't had to
> interact with a Unix box in a decade or so).
I concur here too. Solaris always gets this wrong IIRC. Plus I grew up
on HP_UX so between those older Unixes I probably came up with that
setting had it's been carrying on ever since...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Ambition is the last refuge of a failure.