Cygwin unstable as hell on Windows7 64bit‏

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:00:00 GMT 2012

On 6/19/2012 6:55 AM, Fedin Pavel wrote:> On 19.06.2012 14:50, Gerard H. Pille wrote:
 >> Since my system was replaced by one running Windows 7 on an Intel Core I5, I may call myself lucky
 >> if I can work for an hour.
 > Works fine here. May be your hardware is flaky ? RAM for example... Cygwin loads up the system quite
 > well, especially upon fork().

I would also look for

a) BLODA, and

b) need to rebase (though recent cygwins do that automatically)

I've been running on Windows 7 for years without difficulty, but in
the transition had difficulty from some BLODA that I could have found
if I had looked carefully to begin with ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss