sshd crashing

Mon Jul 30 15:20:00 GMT 2012

> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 01:04:47AM +0200, Pawel Jasinski wrote:
>> as I said I did rebaseall :-(
>> In a mean time I also tried with CYGWIN=pipe_byte, no change
>> At the moment of crash there is nothing new in the /var/log/sshd.log
> Oh boy.  "CYGWIN=pipe_byte" will now become the voodoo fix for the masses.
> I should have seen that one coming.
>
> For the record, there is absolutely no reason to use pipe_byte with Cygwin
> programs.
FAQ entry? It might work to have documentation for each CYGWIN= value
that says specifically what it will *not* do. For example, pipe_byte
will *not do anything* for cygwin programs, ttysec will *not do
anything* at all, etc. Added bonus: a link for google to point the
masses at that's *not* a third-party cygwin support page filled with out
of date voodoo.

Ryan