gethostbyname conflicts

Wed Jul 25 19:29:00 GMT 2012

On 7/25/2012 3:20 PM, Bernd Prager wrote:
> All,
>
> I am having troubles compiling a boost package due to conflicting declarations:
>
> /usr/include/w32api/winsock2.h:635:33: error: declaration of C function ‘int
> gethostname(char*, int)Â’ conflicts with
> /usr/include/sys/unistd.h:238:6: error: previous declaration ‘int
> gethostname(char*, size_t)Â’ here
>
> Can that get fixed?

You want to have a look at the configuration for the Boost package you're
building.  It should not be including things from the w32api if it's
building for Cygwin.

If you aren't aware, Cygwin has a Boost package already.  If you're
looking for a more current version, you may find you have better luck
using the build scripts for the current Cygwin package as a basis if
you prefer not to wait for the Cygwin maintainer to release an update.

--
Larry