patch not working on Windows 7 x64

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:13:00 GMT 2012

On 7/23/2012 9:52 PM, Robert Dailey wrote:
> I did read the documentation, and obviously I'm still posting here
> because that didn't help. Everyone is pretty rude on this list...

sorry to give you such impression.
Please find here some basic instruction to understand the matter

http://www.linuxtutorialblog.com/post/introduction-using-diff-and-patch-tutorial

> Feeding the file in from stdin like this does work, however the
> documentation makes it seem like I can pass the file name in directly
> and it will open it and read its contents. I guess not - it has
> misleading documentation.

the documentation is not cygwin specific, linux one is identical.

Feel free to complain upstream and propose alternative documentation.

Regards
Marco