Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)

Aaron Schneider notstop@users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 22 14:58:00 GMT 2012

On 22/07/2012 16:08, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Linda Walsh!
>
>> I sometimes use "rmdir *" to clean up empty dir's.
>
> There's a known issue about difference in Windows and *NIX handling of
> directory removal in many cases.
> I would say, you drop such practice and be more explicit in your actions.

I don't know what issue is such, but, you can try:

To print or delete empty directories only in present level try:
  find ./ -maxdepth 1 -empty -type d -print
  find ./ -maxdepth 1 -empty -type d -delete

To search or delete recursively folders only remove the maxdepth
  find ./ -empty -type d -print
  find ./ -empty -type d -delete