Cannot Execute urxvt after upgrade

Aaron Schneider notstop@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 19 20:42:00 GMT 2012

On 19/07/2012 22:30, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 7/19/2012 4:15 PM, Aaron Schneider wrote:
>> On 19/07/2012 22:00, K Stahl wrote:
>>
>> I couldn't find any version of urxvt on cygwin's release mirror, so, no
>> packages to start from.
>
> <http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=urxvt>
>
>> Furthermore, for what you are looking for, isn't
>> rxvt pretty much the same?
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-05/msg00078.html
>
> Pretty much, minus the unicode support and some other niceties mentioned
> in the message you quoted above.  Of course, stepping back to rxvt puts you
> in the realm of dead code.  So if bit-rot is OK with you... ;-)

It results that the package is named rxvt-unicode-X-9.07-1.tar.bz2 but
in the end install binaries that are named urxvt:

usr/bin/urxvt-X.exe
usr/bin/urxvtc-X.exe
usr/bin/urxvtd-X.exe

and all of them were compiled on Jan 2010. The non unicode is even
older, so probably everything is broken. I get also the "Bad address" or
"unable to connect to the rxvt-unicode daemon: No such file or
directory" errors.