cygheap base mismatch detected

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Jul 18 18:16:00 GMT 2012

On 7/18/2012 8:04 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Andrew DeFaria  wrote:
>>> perlrebase
>> When I run perlrebase I get:
>>
>> Ltsdo-adefaria:perlrebase
>>        3 [main] perl5.10.1 (6808) C:\Cygwin\bin\perl5.10.1.exe: *** fatal
>> error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x612768B0/0xD268B0.
>> This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
>> DLL.
>> Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
>> and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
>> *should*
>> reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
>> installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
>> are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
>>
>> and proceeds to consume about 10% of CPU for like 10 minutes. Am I just
>> supposed to let it crank along?
> No. This looks like you really got 2 cygwin1.dll's running.
> Strange.
Odd. Somebody seems to have put something in my Views directory - a
directory I normally use for Clearcase views. But what's in there is not
a Clearcase view! And it contained several cygwin1.dll's. So I blew it
way. Sorry for the confusion...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
An error? Impossible! My modem is error correcting.