test -f //dot

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 14:58:00 GMT 2012

[adding bug-autoconf]

On 07/13/2012 05:39 AM, Paul Keir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While running configure on llvm I get a hang on:

> checking for Graphviz... echo Graphviz
> checking for dot...
>
> The configure script has a line starting:
> if { test -f "$as_dir/$ac_word$ac_exec_ext" && ...
>
> The problem occurs when $as_dir is /
>
> test -f //dot
>
> ...also hangs (at least 15 mins.). I tested it on Linux and another
> cygwin machine, and test returns promptly there.

This is probably worth fixing in upstream autoconf (although it won't
benefit you on cygwin until autoconf 2.70 is released and used by
packages), to have autoconf's code that generates a PATH lookup to
special case $as_dir of / to avoid creating //.  Patches welcome to
autoconf, if I don't get it done first.