running .bat file in cygwin

Wed Jul 11 17:54:00 GMT 2012

On 7/11/2012 1:05 PM, emon wrote:

> Dear Larry,
>                When I use mingw terminal, build.bat would create a mask.exe.
> This is the executable file,mask.exe.  If I try the same way in cygwin, it
> provides me the following error.
> -bash:build.bat command not found.

As Greg points out in a subsequent message, you need to tell Cygwin where
to find "build.bat".  You'd need to do the same in Mingw but there you've
probably had its location in your path for a while so it's likely this
detail has slipped from your memory.

> By the by, my computer is installed both cygwin and mingw.
>
> thanks for your respond.  I am sure there is a lacking in my background in
> cygwin somewhere, if you may point that out, so I can seach read the proper
> documentation.

A good source of Cygwin-specific information is:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net.html>

Newbie guides for Linux are your best bet if you need help from ground zero.

--
Larry