Seagate GoFlex Home server causes setup.exe build to fail, "cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub"

Wed Jul 4 09:26:00 GMT 2012

[Moving to cygwin ML now]

On Jul  4 09:10, Matt Seitz wrote:
> Officially, I don't think there's a way to modify the file system.
> It's designed to be an appliance.  I've contacted Seagate support to
> see what they say.
>
> That said, I've just found out how to get SSH access into the server
> and am poking around now.  I downloaded their GPL source earlier and
> found Samba 3.0.28 included.  Running "ps" on the box shows it is
> running smbd.  I'm hoping there might be some way to modify their
> smb.conf to turn on FAT file attributes.

Hopefully the underlying fs supports extended attributes and is mounted
with user_xattr.  Then you could just add this to smb.conf:

  store dos attributes = yes

Corinna

Red Hat