1.7.9 : date command fails for year 1900

cygwin cygwin@overbearing.org
Tue Jan 24 10:00:00 GMT 2012

I want to thank everybody that responded.  It looks like you don't think
this is a bug. Given that date seems to work as I expect on SL 6.0, I
would like to make a feature request: "Fix the date command to actually
respond with the date"

Big Props to all you guys that make this software possible and help out
users like me.

-Dave