Madness with the 'select' function, sigalrm, and stdout. (CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64)

Tue Jan 17 23:46:00 GMT 2012

On 1/17/2012 5:34 PM, Robert F wrote:

>>> This has me stumped.
>>
>> I'd suggest trying a snapshot -<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>>
>> If that doesn't help, a full problem report might help someone on the list
>> spot an issue.
>>
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>

> I might give the snapshot a shot.  Do you know how far from the release build
> the latest snapshot is and when the next one is planned?
>
> Is "full problem report" a technical term?  It's not on the page you link.  I
> thought my report was detailed enough, and I can provide more info if anyone
> needs it.  I've tried posting to the mailing list but my emails are rejected
> from there without explanation (yes I've received the 'welcome to the list'
> email :( ).

You're talking to the list now, though I can see that you've resorted to
gmane.  No problem.

The page describing the requirements of a problem report is the link I have
above.  Your description of the problem is fine but we had no cygcheck
info or code to try.  That's all I was pointing out.  The link in question
requests these kinds of things.

--
Larry