slow ssh login on a cygwin machine

Ilya Dogolazky ilya.dogolazky@nokia.com
Tue Feb 28 15:34:00 GMT 2012

Hi Corinna !

02/28/2012 04:49 PM, ext Corinna Vinschen пишет:

> This kind of delay is often a result of the process trying to
> access some remote filesystem.

How can I investigate this (is there something like "lsof" in Windows)?

If you're speaking about "process", do you mean the "sshd" process? And
what could be a reason for it to access any remote file system? My home
directory is on the hard drive, I surely use some remote file systems
sometimes (by opening file explorer and copying files), but I don't see
any reason for sshd to do the same.

Is there any explicit way to "unmount everything remote" in windows? I
close all the explorer windows, but of course it could be not enough.

 > Or, maybe you have DNS problems
 > on the server.

What kind of "DNS problems" could it be? I disabled reverse DNS query
(if I correctly understand meaning of the option "UseDNS") and see "last
login from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" message now (where xxx are digits).

> That size is not overly surprising.  The size of the lastlog file
> depends on the highest uid used to login into the system.  In your case
> you seem have pretty large uids.  Every uid slot in lastlog takes
> 276 bytes.  So you had login attempts from a user with a uid 1615639.
Oh, thanks! I was getting over-suspicious :)

Cheers,

Ilya