Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes

Tom Honermann thonermann@coverity.com
Fri Dec 7 21:54:00 GMT 2012

On 12/07/2012 02:54 PM, Tom Honermann wrote:
> Likewise, I've reproduced this issue by replacing false.exe in the test
> above with a custom false.exe (A C program that just returns 1).  The
> issue reproduces whether myfalse.exe is compiled with Cygwin gcc, MinGW
> gcc (32-bit and 64-bit), and with MSVC (32-bit and 64-bit).  So,
> substitute what you like for 'false.exe' in the above.

The above is not correct, I erred in my testing.

I am able to reproduce the issue when replacing false.exe in the test
case with a custom false.exe compiled with Cygwin gcc.

I am *not* able to reproduce the issue when replacing it with one
compiled with MinGW gcc (32-bit or 64-bit) or with MSVC (32-bit or 64-bit).

Tom.