Glitch-free texlive-collection-basic.sh and other uses of setup v.2.510.2.2

Fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Thu Aug 23 19:34:00 GMT 2012

As follows:

>>> Attempting to run pdftex I am getting:
>>> /usr/bin/pdftex.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
>>> ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

>> ~> cygcheck /bin/pdftex.exe
>> ... cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygsasl2-2.dll
>> So I installed cyrus-sasl. Thereafter, perfect.
>> Should I have known about this requirement (or maybe just libsasl2)?
>> Can it be included, as a requirement, somewhere appropriate?

> It already is a requirement.  In setup.ini
> texlive ==> libpoppler19 ==> libcurl4 ==> libopenldap2_3_0 ==> libsasl2.
> So setup.exe should have offered to install it.

Unfortunately (no idea why or how) the otherwise flawlessly beautiful
setup v.2.510.2.2 as an instrument
of Cygwin installation and maintenance didn't pick this up.

Fergus