Side-by-side configuration is incorrect reported as permission denied

Wed Aug 15 04:23:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:42:09AM +0400, Andrey Repin wrote:
>Greetings, Christopher Faylor!

Sigh.

>>But you aren't really even suggesting that.  You are apparently just
>>suggesting that every windows error should be displayed by the Cygwin
>>DLL.  Wow.
>
>Um.  On another hand, this made me think from my deep pit: as a regular
>user, not a developer, in some cases, I would prefer DLL to track and
>report native error codes/messages.  Not as a general way of operation,
>obviously, more like an intermediate debugging layer on demand.  So,
>there's a suggestion for someone interested in this feature and capable
>of making this happen.

If you're "debugging" you can get the error by stepping into the DLL.

If you are actually capable of making it happen then prove it by
discussing implementation in cygwin-developers and eventually providing
a patch in cygwin-patches.  Otherwise, take Earnie's observation to
heart: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-08/msg00257.html

(I'm going to be quoting this a lot)

You aren't making any points by posting YA vague suggestion.

cgf