Strange "mouse" behavior in mintty

Mon Aug 13 13:44:00 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I'm hitting  a mouse-related (?) problem with mintty in non-mouse mode.

STC A: Log into a remote machine, invoke `sleep 10', and -- during the
wait --- click anywhere on the line containing the cursor.

STC B: Open tinyirc and click anywhere on the text entry line at the bottom

Both cases will insert a long string like this:
^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C (only about 4x longer)

I suspect this is a problem with the way mintty tries to be helpful with
the mouse when the app's not mouse-aware. Running STC A on a local
mintty/bash sesson will place the cursor wherever you clicked, which
while harmless is arguably incorrect (and probably the source of troubles).

Any ideas?
Ryan