cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Tue Aug 7 01:55:00 GMT 2012

On 8/6/2012 6:40 PM, Michael Gundlach wrote:

> I'd be happy to revert SQLite to 3.7.3 and work around the problem.
> However, I am unable to revert SQLite from 3.7.12 to 3.7.3, because I
> get an svn error after doing that: "SQLite compiled for 3.7.12, but
> running with 3.7.3".  Cygwin setup offers me subversion 1.7.5-4 and
> 1.7.5-3, and both result in the same error.

Yes, both -3 and -4 were rebuilt against SQLite 3.7.12.  You'd have to
dig up a copy of -1 or -2 to get back to the 3.7.3 based versions.

> Is the snapshot that cgf is testing going to roll back svn to SQLite
> 3.7.3?

What reason could there be for a new Cygwin DLL to be accompanied by a
new version of SQLite?  Their maintainerships are entirely decoupled.

I've pretty much already given up on this.  I thought I would wait for
SQLite 3.7.14, then build it the old way, but I see no signs that will
happen soon.  According to the announced intention to release every 2-3
months, it could happen this week, or it could happen next month.

I think I've given Achim Gratz enough time to try and fix the bug
resulting from his build option changes.

I'll start working on a .13 release, built the old way.