the tzset tool does not match the man description

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:55:00 GMT 2012

On 4/28/2012 5:29 PM, rodmedina@cantv.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that the behavior of the tzset tool does not
> match the description given in the man pages.
> Apparently  the tzset tool which is part  of the cygwin  pckage
> is different from the one described in the man pages. I
> think that this is a confusing situation. If I am right,
> I think that the cygwin maintainers should changing
> the name of the tzset tool to something else (tzget ?).
>
> greetings
>
> RM

tzset tool has no man page.
(no /usr/share/man/man1/tzset.1.gz )

what you see with "man tzset" is the man of the newlib tzset
function
/usr/share/man/man3/tzset.3.gz

TZSET(3)                                   NEWLIB
             TZSET(3)

NAME
        9.11 `tzset'--set timezone characteristics from TZ environment
variable

SYNOPSIS
             #include <time.h>
             void tzset(void);