Problems with nfs

Fedin Pavel p.fedin@samsung.com
Tue Apr 24 05:28:00 GMT 2012

  Hello!

  I have a problem with Cygwin NFS server. I boot up my host PC and then
boot up ARM Linux embedded system, which then connects to my host over
NFS. An attempt to mount NFS resource produces "RPC error: connection
refused" until i restart portmap service on my host.
  What can be wrong? I examined logs, and found no problems. I also
examined 'netstat -a' output on the PC, and found nothing interesting
(portmap is working and is listening). Windows firewall is set up
correctly (i added exceptions for NFS and RPC ports). I do nothing else
except simple portmap restart.
  Also, why does nfs access appear to be so horribly slow? Loading a
directory with ~150 files takes about two minutes in mc. I understand
fork() issue, but what are problems with just reading files descriptors?

--
  Kind regards
  Pavel Fedin