Bogus dependencies in libtool .la files for libgtk2.0-devel-2.20.1-1, libpango1.0-devel-1.28.1-1

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:15:00 GMT 2011

[ Fixed dup in subject line! ]

On 25/09/2011 16:47, jojelino wrote:

> Why we got postdeps instead of postdeps_CXX?

  My answer to that crossed in the ether with this post, I'll just make one
further point explicit:

> This problem comes from *executing libtool commands*

  If a problem arises from executing libtool commands, that usually means that
something the user did in Makefile.am has tricked automake into generating
incorrect libtool commands in the first place, rather than that an actual
libtool bug has just appeared.  (Libtool bugs are possible of course, but user
errors in automake scripts are more common.)

    cheers,
      DaveK