EXTERNAL: Re: Cygwin too slow while installing and working

Wed Sep 14 19:25:00 GMT 2011

On 9/14/2011 2:22 PM, João Moreira wrote:
> I checked the BLODA list again and I only had Avira installed.
> Could it have something to do with a windows update? I keep my OS updated.

No, but you're on the right track in thinking beyond the BLODA list.  That's
a list apps known to cause problems.  But it can't be seen as a complete
list.  So it's worth reviewing other things you have installed.

> I got Procmon and messed around with it a little but i honestly don't
> know how I can use it to pin down the problem.
> Could you help me guys?

You're looking for processes that are running while you're in the middle
of a slow operation, particularly if they are getting more CPU than your
Cygwin process or are trying to access the same files.

--
Larry