cygwin 1.7.9, problem with cygwin1.dll, path_conv::check, has_acls()? (Windows 7)

Wed Sep 14 18:22:00 GMT 2011

On 9/14/2011 1:56 PM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * John Ruckstuhl (Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:40:40 -0700)
>> I'm trying to create files in the current dir, on a network
>> fileserver. I do have the necessary permissions. The standard
>> incantation fails, but some non-standard incantations succeed. I'm
>> willing to bet $10 that it's a cygwin1.dll problem, but I guess it's
>> possible it's a bash problem.
>> I'll use "touch" to demonstrate:
>>
>>      $ pwd
>>      //hyperdisk/Data/Engineering/ruck
>
> The obvious way to troubleshoot this would be to use a network drive (Z:
> for instance) instead of UNC or to mount the share and see if that
> works. Naturally it would also make sense to test the latest Cygwin
> snapshot and to see if you get the same result if you use //localhost/C
> $.

Right.  I was thinking this could fall into the category of a network
share that needs to have the "noacl" mount option set.  So another
option is to try mounting the UNC path to a Cygwin path (in /etc/fstab)
and specify the "noacl" option.

--
Larry