EXTERNAL: Re: Cygwin too slow while installing and working

Wed Sep 14 03:27:00 GMT 2011

On 9/13/2011 6:53 AM, João Moreira wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Marco atzeri wrote:

>>> Did I miss something here? I thought João's post just said he did
>>> without space. Did I misunderstand?
>>>
>>> Damon Register
>>
>> the cygcheck.out says differently:
>>
>> Found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cygwin\bin\awk
>>   ->  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cygwin\bin\gawk.exe
>>
>> so or it is not the last one or something is wrong
>>
>> Marco
>>

> Hello everyone,
> I should have been clearer: The cygcheck.out I provided is the one
> from the first instalation.
> Right now I have cygwin installed at C:\cygwin, and giving the same
> results (very slow).
> In attach I send the newest cygcheck.out. Please note that this time I
> did not install everything (I skiped some editors and other
> non-essential stuff).
> I did however removed Avira and ran rebaseall again.

The root causes requiring rebasing as a fix shouldn't result in slow
performance.  Nothing obvious from your cygcheck output.  It really
does sound like some kind of BLODA to me.  Perhaps look around for other
things that are interfering.  Procmon might help you pin this offending
software down.

Larry