problem with ownership on samba mounted file systems after cygwin upgrade

Tue Sep 13 03:38:00 GMT 2011

On 9/12/2011 3:08 PM, Eric S. Johnson wrote:
> Ive looked around the archives and the FAQ's. I can't seem to
> figure this out. I must be missing some simple clue here.
>
> I have some windows XP clients of a samba server. I recently
> upgraded one from cygwin 1.5(ish?) to cygwin 1.7 latests.
>
> On the upgraded system ls/getfcal seems to think all the
> files on the server are owned by "nobody" (4294967295).

Try mounting the SAMBA server directory and using the 'noacl' option for
that mount point.  See the Users Guide for details on setting up a
new mount point in Cygwin 1.7.  Be careful not to mount the SAMBA
server directory under /cgdrive.

--
Larry