debugging SIGSEV on pclose

Marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:11:00 GMT 2011

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 04:15:47PM +0200, Marco atzeri wrote:

>> Question:
>> is a mistake in pclose to assume that fh could be invalid
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking here.  It's not a mistake to assume that
> pclose is being passed a valid fp.  Linux also crashes if the fp is
> closed twice.

Just as I noticed earlier on syscall.cc a defensive approuch

close_all_files (bool norelease)
{
   cygheap->fdtab.lock ();

   semaphore::terminate ();

   fhandler_base *fh;
   HANDLE h = NULL;

   for (int i = 0; i < (int) cygheap->fdtab.size; i++)
     if ((fh = cygheap->fdtab[i]) != NULL)
       {

>> or something is just trashing cygheap->fdtab ?
>
> Who knows?  strace should show if the fp is closed twice.
>
> cgf

correct, it looks I have two close in excess for fd 5 and 6

Thanks
Marco