Install all packages from local repository?

Oleksandr Gavenko gavenkoa@gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:49:00 GMT 2011

31.10.2011 19:48, Jim Garrison пишет:
> I need to create a "standard" Cygwin setup for a group of developers,
> containing the defaults plus a customized selection of additional non-
> default packages to be installed (ssh, vim, etc, about 70 total).

   $ cat setup.bat
@echo off
setup.exe --local-install --package-manager --quiet-mode --packages ^
autoconf,^
automake,^
bash-completion,^
bison,^
bzr,^
curl,^
cvs,^
diffutils,^
doxygen,^
expect,^
flex,^
gcc,^
gcc-mingw,^
gcc4,^
gdb,^
git,^
git-completion,^
git-svn,^
make,^
mc,^
mercurial,^
openssh,^
openssl,^
perl,^
python,^
ruby,^
screen,^
subversion,^
unzip,^
vim,^
wget,^
zsh

and so on...

> I have set up a local repository, on a network share, containing all the
> packages that need to be installed.  I find however, that there's no
> simple way to have setup.exe just install everything in the local
> repository.  Each user has to go through the setup menu and individually
> select all non-default packages, or they will not be installed.
>
> The ultimate goal is to provide a batch script that runs setup.exe and
> installs a pre-defined set of packages, either from a local repository
> or from the Internet.  Ideally it runs headless but having to click
> through the install dialogs is acceptable as long as the desired non-
> default packages are selected without the user having to manually select
> each one.
>
> Is there anything in the local repository I can tweak to change the
> install status of non-default packages so they will be installed?
>
> As far as I can tell, the only way to do this currently is to
> explicitly list all the packages on the command line with the -P
> option.  Is this the only way?
>
> Any suggestions on how to best accomplish this would be greatly
> appreciated.

see above... and:

   $ ./setup.exe --help
Starting cygwin install, version 2.738
Current Directory: h:\cygwin

Command Line Options:
  -D --download                Download from internet
  -L --local-install           Install from local directory
  -s --site                    Download site
  -O --only-site               Ignore all sites except for -s
  -R --root                    Root installation directory
  -P --packages                Specify packages to install
  -C --categories              Specify entire categories to install
  -p --proxy                   HTTP/FTP proxy (host:port)
  -q --quiet-mode              Unattended setup mode
  -M --package-manager         Semi-attended chooser-only mode
  -h --help                    print help
  -l --local-package-dir       Local package directory
  -r --no-replaceonreboot      Disable replacing in-use files on next
                               reboot.
  -X --no-verify               Don't verify setup.ini signatures
  -n --no-shortcuts            Disable creation of desktop and start
                               menu shortcuts
  -N --no-startmenu            Disable creation of start menu shortcut
  -d --no-desktop              Disable creation of desktop shortcut
  -K --pubkey                  Path to extra public key file (gpg
                               format)
  -S --sexpr-pubkey            Extra public key in s-expr format
  -u --untrusted-keys          Use untrusted keys from last-extrakeys
  -U --keep-untrusted-keys     Use untrusted keys and retain all
  -A --disable-buggy-antivirus Disable known or suspected buggy anti
                               virus software packages during
                               execution.