question on backup

Paul Allen Newell pnewell@cs.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 27 07:24:00 GMT 2011

Hello to all:

My question is how do I get an archive of what cygwin packages I have
installed. I have googled and only find info on how to do a full backup
of the tree. I did a bit of a hunt through the cygwin email archives but
only found one tidbit about "something used to work but doesn't now".

I would like to capture the info in a file. Whether it can be used in an
install on a new machine is academic (though that would be nice). I just
want a record in case I have to do a new install and want to know what I
had before.

Thanks in advance,
Paul