gdb problem

Sun Oct 23 19:04:00 GMT 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 04:37:55PM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>The attached testcase illustrates a problem with `gdb -i=mi'.  I've
>tested both gdb 7.3.50-1 and 7.3.50-2, with cygwin 1.7.9 as well as with
>several recent snapshots (including 2011-10-22).
>
>Under some circumstances, if gdb -i=mi is started and given several
>input lines at once, it only prints part of the output before stopping.
>  I've been able to reproduce this once in a while while working
>interactively (by copying and pasting the whole bunch of input lines);
>in this case one can press Return to get the rest of the output.  But
>the problem happens consistently with the attached test case, which runs
>gdb in a subprocess.  One has to kill the gdb process before the main
>program exits.
>
>The STC runs as expected on Linux.

Thanks for the STC.  I had to tweak it to actually see how it was supposed
to work on Linux since only a limited number of lines from the pty were
being output.  I've included the revised test case below.

I made a simple change to Cygwin which will probably cause subtle
problems somewhere down the line.  At least for now it seems to make gdb
operate as expected.

I'm building a new snapshot now.

cgf