[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rebase-4.0.0-1
Sat Oct 22 16:08:00 GMT 2011
I have updated the version of rebase to 4.0.0-1. The tarballs should be
available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
The following are the changes since the previous release:
* rebase and peflags now support operations on 64 bit objects.
* New rebase database functionality (see README).
* New developer application rebase-dump for displaying database contents.
* New platform support: x86_64-w64-mingw32, i686-pc-msys.
* peflags now supports short options for almost all flags.
peflags -v prints detailed information about the flags set in the
* rebase now supports long options including improved -h/--help
* rebase -s/--database allows to keep a database of rebased DLLs.
This information is used in subsequent calls with the -s/--database
option to keep the entire list of DLLs in a good shape, address-wise.
* rebase -i/--info prints base address and size of DLLs given on
the command line, sorted by base address. A trailing '*' in the
last column is printed if a DLL collides with another adjacent DLL
in the list. rebase -i -s can be used to check if the DLLs in the
database are still in a good shape.
* On Cygwin, rebase actively avoids colliding with the Cygwin DLL
it is running under.
* rebaseall skips mingw directories automatically.
* rebaseall now uses the new rebase database facility.
* The imagehelper library has been much improved:
- Now supports reading and rebasing 64 bit binaries.
- New functions ReBaseImage64 and GetImageInfos64.
- Support long paths up to 32K characters.
- General API cleanup.
I would like to thank Corinna Vinschen and Chuck Wilson for providing
all of the above features, improvements, and changes.
The Cygwin rebase distribution contains four utilities: rebase,
rebaseall, peflags, and peflagsall. The first utility is modeled after
Microsoft's SDK rebase while the rebaseall utility is a convenient way
for users that suffer from the Cygwin rebase problem to rebase their
entire system (i.e., all of their DLLs).
Please read the README file:
since it covers requirements, usage, known issues, etc.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this web address.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin