cygwin permissions problem on a network drive

gds gds@chartertn.net
Thu Oct 20 22:58:00 GMT 2011

On 10/18/2011 08:52 AM, Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZSW wrote:

> I know this an old thread but I am in exactly the same situation as
> the OP.  Access with 1.7.7 and before worked fine, 1.7.9 has this
> problem.  The workaround with explicit noacl option works for me but
> it is rather awkward as I have to work with a lot of servers.
>
> So...
>

> ...has this happened now?  In a snapshot?  I couldn't find any
> further information.
>

> Thanks,
> Michael

Same problem here. Someone said snapshots here, http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ ,
fixes the problem but I tried several cygwin1.dll from there and still have
problems.
Directory is created on network drive now but see message "can't set permissions
... on a file" when committing with svn.
Strangely, if I commit from linux to the same mounted ntfs drive, it works.

Haven't tried the noacl method.

-gene