rm -rf cannot delete the upmost directory level anymore on a Novell share

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Thu Oct 20 14:59:00 GMT 2011

Am 2011-10-20 11:46, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> On Oct 20 11:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Anyway, we're not a single step further.  First of all, please send
>> the FS information I requested above.  Next, please generate straces
>> of rm 7.0 and rm 8.4 for this scenario, both on the same machine
>> and running the latest Cygwin developer snapshot and send the full
>> straces here.
>
> Hang on, I'm just creating a patch to improve the debug output of
> unlink_nt.  I'll upload a new snapshot shorty.

Here are the complete traces (well, environment and some user id info
deleted) with the 20111020 snapshot. With rm-7.0 and rm-8.4 (from
coreutils-8.4-2).

Franz