-nolisten tcp -multiwindow combination crashes in XWin startup

Thu Nov 10 17:59:00 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 02:23:28AM -0800, Linda Walsh wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 02:50:35PM -0700, Dave wrote:
>>> Jon:? Thanks for the?pointers to the fork() problem faqs.? That and a bit of googling led?me to give rebaseall a try, and
>>> that appears to have cured my issue.? (For others, instructions can be found at
>>> http://www.heikkitoivonen.net/blog/2008/11/26/cygwin-upgrades-and-rebaseall/?.)
>>>
>>>Suggestion, perhaps more to the main cygwin team:?  Since this issue is
>>>cygwin specific and?is a bit obscure (I've been using cygwin for a good
>>>many years, but this is the first time I've recognized I had issues
>>>from this), it'd be nice if users didn't have to learn about this the
>>>hard way.?  Could running?rebaseall perhaps be automated as part of
>>>setup.com?
>>>
>>With all of your googling you didn't come up with any previous
>>discussions about doing this in setup.exe?
>>
>>How odd.
>
>---
>
>*experiencing strangely familiar variations of helpful CFG responses,
>
>I ponder:

>I typed in several varitions of
>X11,  Xwin,  cygwin, died waiting for dll loading, errno 11...
>Tried  " upgrades rebaseall"...
>Nope...
>
>Nothing came up concerning rebaseall and setup.exe...nothing about
>discussions...I know... lets try:
>
>  "setup.exe rebaseall"
>
>whole bunch of discussions ...came right up...
>
>Maybe _he_ didn't already _know_ _the_ _answer_ in order to
>type in the correct search term...nah.. couldn't be that...must be the
>user's fault..lets blame him!... *doi*!

So, your 14 line response to my 3 line observation concludes that typing
"setup.exe rebaseall" would have uncovered previous discussion but
adding extraneous search terms which have nothing to do with the
suggestion to run rebaseall in setup.exe would not have uncovered past
discussion.

Yep.

cgf